Deflate Bloat, Constipation and IBS with a Healthy Large IntestineJul 01, 2023
Welcome friend! If you've found yourself here, it's likely because your Symptom Burden Assessment has highlighted the Large Intestine (LI) as an area of focus for you. I totally understand the impact these symptoms can have on your daily life and overall well-being. That's I'm here to guide you towards understanding, managing, and ultimately conquering your Large Intestine symptoms.
In this blog, we will explore the essential role this organ plays in your overall well-being and provide practical solutions to alleviate your symptoms. Let's get started!
The Role of Your Large Intestine:
Think of your large intestine, or colon, as the exit strategy of your digestive system –– it has a crucial job in the final stages of digestion and elimination. It's responsible for forming and eliminating feces, ensuring regular and comfortable bowel movements – nothing is as underrated as a good BM! However, its main job is to absorb water, electrolytes, and essential vitamins produced by our friendly gut bacteria. When your large intestine works harmoniously, it creates a happy gut environment and supports your overall wellness.
Symptoms that Speak Your Language:
Living with a misbehaving large intestine can throw some unexpected curveballs into your daily routine. Trust me, I've been there too! Here are some relatable symptoms that might ring a bell:
- That uncomfortable feeling of your belly expanding like a balloon after indulging in your favorite meal. It's like carrying around an invisible food baby!
- Dealing with those unwelcome guests ––fungus, bacteria, parasites –– the persistent housemate who never seems to leave.
- The joy of sitting on the porcelain throne, waiting for something, anything to happen.
- And if something does happen it's hard or difficult-to-pass.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS): Ah, the "Irritable Bowel Symphony" that plays in your gut. One minute you're feeling bloated like a balloon, and the next minute you're running to the bathroom, the never-ending rollercoaster ride you didn't sign up for.
- No matter how much you brush, floss, and shower, that lingering bad breath or funky body odor just won't quit.
- Those unexpected cramps in the lower part of your abdomen.
Any of these sound familiar? You're not alone.
For 15 long years, I battled with chronic constipation that seemed to control my life. It was a frustrating cycle of discomfort and desperation, constantly seeking relief. I vividly remember my addiction to Smooth Move tea for nearly 3 years (only supposed to take for 2 weeks) and loading my morning smoothies with every bowel-stimulating powder I could find, hoping for a miracle.
Traveling was particularly challenging for me. While others looked forward to carefree vacations, I dreaded the disruption to my digestive routine. It seemed like no matter where I went, my bowels would become even more sluggish than usual. I resigned myself to the fact that vacations meant feeling bloated, uncomfortable, and always coming back home with a few extra pounds.
That's me ^^... so yeah, I totally get it. These symptoms can disrupt your life, dampen your spirits, and make you feel like you're navigating a never-ending obstacle course. But fear not! Relief is within reach, and I'm here to guide you toward a happier and healthier gut.
The Ripple Effect: How Your Large Intestine Influences Your Well-Being:
Believe it or not, the health of your large intestine has a profound impact on other aspects of your well-being. It's like a domino effect that can either bring harmony or wreak havoc throughout your body. Let's take a closer look at the connections between your large intestine and other key players from your Symptom Burden Assessment:
- Sugar Handling: Your large intestine acts as a sugar referee, either giving you a green light to indulge in sweet treats or waving a caution flag to protect your well-being.
- Adrenals: When your large intestine misbehaves, it sends distress signals to your adrenal glands, leaving you feeling frazzled, drained, and running on empty.
- Thyroid: Your large intestine and thyroid perform a synchronized dance routine, and if one slips, the other may stumble. Hormones aren't the root cause, but they can certainly influence your dance moves.
- Female Hormones: Picture your large intestine and hormonal balance as a dynamic duo. When they support each other, it's like having the best sisters by your side. But if they clash, chaos ensues on your menstrual cycles, fertility, and overall hormonal harmony.
- Toxins and Pathogens: ok, this isn't specifically on your assessment, however, the LI is a key player in your body effectively removing these major health disruptors. Before we can begin to address these things we have to make sure we have an effective exit strategy so they don't end up recirculating and causing more stress on your body.
Understanding these connections provides us with a panoramic view of how optimizing your large intestinal health can unlock a world of possibilities for your overall well-being.